TO REGISTER FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR - 2012-2013: CLICK YEAR
Welcome to the Parents & Community section of the District website!
Greater Clark County Schools believes that you are your child’s first and most important teacher. It is our belief that parents, families and community engagement is essential to a student’s overall success. Research documents the positive effect that your involvement will have in shaping your child into a life-long learner. We encourage you to take a proactive role in promoting the value of education in your home.
We understand that in order for parent’s to be empowered, you must be equipped with the necessary tools and resources to support your child’s learning experience. We have created this section of our website to provide you with information and resources to help you become an active partner in your child’s education. The links outlined in this section (see left) are tools to help your child succeed in school. Together we will continue to educate, inspire and empower Clark County’s youth.
Volunteers are always needed within the school buildings. Please contact your child’s school to find out how you can assist.
Clark County Community Members
Designed to support the achievement of all Greater Clark County Schools' students, Community Engagement connects the needs of the schools with the intellectual and financial resources of the community. Greater Clark County Schools partners with parents, corporations, nonprofits, clergy, higher education, and civic organizations to implement innovative activities that support student success. Partners provide:
- Staff development opportunities
- Alternative models for organizational management
- Assistance in trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Colleagues or employees to serve as mentors, tutors, school volunteers or career-shadowing role models
- Work-based opportunities for students
- New prospects for partnerships that will support school improvement goals
- Meeting space for periodic events and training
- In-kind donations such as books, supplies and technology
- Incentives and awards for teachers, parents and students to reach district goals
- Human capital
- Financial contributions