Our mission is to serve as the premier provider of education.
Greater Clark Co. Schools is a learning community where parents choose to send their children. Students are self-directed, self-assessing, engaged, and responsible learners in a comfortable, safe and accepting atmosphere. Greater Clark creates an environment where students and employees are proud, valued, and respect the relationship that exists between the community and its schools.
We assure exemplary education for all our students and support professional growth for all staff. Additionally, the corporation fosters the educational development of the entire community. Greater Clark is committed to a culture of continuous improvement and embraces the use of information obtained in a technological environment.
- all students can learn and grow academically;
- student achievement is our primary goal;
- a value-added education for all students includes college and career (21st century) skills that are measured in a continuous improvement environment;
- staff collaboration promotes the successful delivery of curriculum;
- Common Core Standards empower children to compete globally;
- effective teaching and authentic learning are measured in multiple ways, including genuine problem-solving, critical thinking skills, engagement in learning, ability to collaborate, and individualized teaching and learning styles;
- in teaching students the social and ethical skills to be responsible citizens;
- in maintaining and recruiting the most qualified staff to support increasing student achievement and providing an exceptional, mission-driven work environment that offers a competitive salary, strong, collaborative professional development within a culture of high expectations for all employees;
- in educating our community regarding their important role in student achievement;
- GCCS is built upon strong community relations aligned with the mission of the school system;
- community relations require informative, positive internal and external communications, as well as opportunities for partnerships to support the education of our students;
- the school corporation must be fiscally responsible to stakeholders by providing a balanced budget without compromising its focus on student needs and classroom instruction;
- state-of-the-art technology which is integrated into the lives of students, teachers, staff, and parents enhances student learning and better prepares them to be competitive in the 21st century;
- ECA programs offer students various methods to develop their talents, social skills, and extend learning opportunities beyond the classroom; and,
- it is essential for Greater Clark to embrace diversity, regardless of ethnicity, ability levels, and socio-economic status.
- and respect all personnel and inspire them to be the best they can be;
- the staff’s commitment to the mission of the school corporation and service as role models for students by exhibiting respect, responsibility and honesty; and,
- facilities that are safe, clean, inviting, up-to-date, and conducive to learning for all students.
Click here to download Greater Clark's Mission and Vision Statements.