Board of School Trustees Responsibilities
The Board of School Trustees is a policy-making body for Greater Clark County School Corporation. The primary responsibility of the Board is to oversee the development, operation, and improvement of District schools.
Specifically, the Board of School Trustees’ responsibilities include the following:
- Approving high-quality instructional programs for all students
- Reviewing student progress
- Reviewing the educational program
- Appointing the Superintendent of Schools
- Approving purchasing contracts
- Approving contracts for new construction, renovation, and building additions
- Ensuring that District practices and policies are in agreement with the Indiana Statutes
- Establishing tax rates
- Ensuring efficient operation of all schools
- Performing all duties prescribed by the Indiana Statutes
- Board members may not act independently as individuals on official matters. They may only act on Board-related decisions as a group during official meetings.