Charlestown High School
Principal: Mark Laughner
The Charlestown High School community is dedicated to providing quality opportunities for all students to learn and develop while striving to reach their own levels of individual excellence as they prepare for their future in an ever-changing society. A safe and orderly environment, with the continuous support of the entire school community, will best provide these opportunities.
Charlestown High School students can best meet their needs and goals when all members of the school community are committed to establishing a consistent framework of communication, varied teaching strategies, appropriate curriculum, teamwork, collaboration, offerings in the latest technology, and recognizing the importance of fair-play and self- motivation in the development of individual life skills.
Foundations of our bridge include the following beliefs:
- All students can learn, grow, and develop.
- Communication is most effective when it includes on-going interaction among all members of the school community.
- The school community best supports students when quality teamwork, collegiality, and collaboration are utilized in working relationships.
- A safe and orderly school climate is best developed when there is a consistent and fair approach to discipline and expectations of behavior.
- Basic, fundamental competencies in life skills and communication technologies are essential ingredients for student success in all postsecondary life choices.
- Teachers can best assist student learning, growth, and development when they provide quality instruction that includes a diverse array of motivating, creative, and varied teaching strategies that reach all learning styles.